Fresh Coast Tournaments will follow the NFHS Boys’ Lacrosse Rules and the US Lacrosse “Official Rules for Girls’ and Women’s Lacrosse,” with modifications based on “US Lacrosse Youth Rules and Best Practices” and US Lacrosse Gold Stick Standards for Events.
Rosters must be submitted at check-in. At this time, rosters must meet the minimum player requirements and must be completed accurately. No changes will be permitted to the roster after it has been submitted at check-in. Only the players listed on a team roster who have signed and submitted all required documents are eligible to play in the tournament.
For age requirements, please click here.
Questions and disputes will only be discussed between the referee on the field and the team spokesman. After the game, disputes will not be heard.
FCT Directors reserve the right to disqualify any team for breaking any of the following rules:
- Illegal Players: The only players eligible to play in the tournament are those listed on the roster at check-in. Please refer to the Roster Rules section for more detail.
- False Information: False information given to the tournament is grounds for disqualification.
- Unnecessary profanity or aggressive conduct: Officials and Tournament Directors may end a game and/or escort a player, team, coach or spectator from the premises if they are not expressing the sportsmanship expected of everyone involved in the tournament.
In the event of inclement weather or unplayable field conditions for any reason, the tournament director will do everything in his/her power to make sure the situation is properly handled. This may include but is not limited to:
- Shortening game times in efforts to catch up with the new schedule
- Complete games before inclement weather arrives
- Move game times back the total time of delay
- Change the game format in an effort to ensure all teams play as many games as possible
- Reschedule games, if possible
- Determine winners through alternative methods
- Cancel the tournament
Weather changes swiftly. All players must be prepared to return for game play after conditions have cleared. Forfeits will be given for any teams that fail to report for re-start. The tournament staff will do their best to notify teams and spectators of weather conditions via email, website, and social media.
Players and spectators will also be notified of weather conditions immediately with a long steady horn. This horn tells all tournament participants and visitors to return to their car until a 30-minute clear weather period has been reached. After the clear weather period has been met another long steady horn will notify participants to return to the field for re-start of the tournament.
For all games in progress, the period will end immediately upon the horn signal. If the game was already in the second half, it will be considered final and the score at the horn signal will be recorded. For all games still in the first half, play will resume at the start of the second half. Although it cannot be guaranteed, every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time.
There are no refunds for Fresh Coast Tournaments.